Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What's UP With Our Latest Movie Night?

Oops! I completely forgot to post about our latest movie night! Thanks, Jamie, for the reminder. :) This past Saturday we had our latest movie theme night. We watched Up! Well, we were going to, but by the time we were done with dinner and an activity and all that, we didn't really feel like watching it. lol Plus we had seen it recently, and Ashlyn doesn't know any differently right now, so it wasn't a big deal. We still had fun. :)

We had hot dogs like Russell does in the movie (technically ours were chili dogs, though) and french fries. For dessert we had cUPcakes.

It didn't turn out the way I would have liked, but I know what I did wrong and what to do differently next time.

I couldn't think of anything super cool to do with Ashlyn, so I just printed out an Up coloring page. Her and Aaron colored together while I made the cUPcakes.

For decoration we got a few balloons and I printed out the template for a paper version of the house in the movie. I hole-punched the chimney and tied the balloons to it. There are blocks tied to it as well so it would float around and not just sit at the ceiling. :)

Ashlyn had so much fun with the balloons! When we went to pick them up, she started playing with them right away, laughing and smiling. She even said "balloon" as soon as I told her what they were called. Well, she says "baoon" but she says it every time when she sees one. We're definitely going to get her a balloon every now and then just for fun. (Oh, and as I write this, Ashlyn brought me my water bottle for a drink and I told her "water" since we tell her what everything is, and she started saying "wa wa"!!!)

We had a lot of fun and are already looking forward to our next movie night. We are planning on The Princess and the Frog but I ordered some stuff for it and need to wait for it to come in (which is why we did Up this past weekend instead of the Frog). It should be here by the next movie night (we plan on doing them every two weeks) but I'm going to think of a backup plan just in case. I have ideas for another movie that I was going to do after the Frog, so if I have to switch them, that's fine, too.

1 comment:

  1. Dawson says wawa, too. That's so funny how they say things the same.

    I LOVE the way your cUPcakes turned out! And your idea for the balloons carrying the little house is too cute!

    ReplyDelete