The elementary school here is throwing a Hollywood Extravaganza tonight for the kids that attend the school. They had put out an email asking for donations of baked goods and I knew I had to make something! You know me... I can't just make some cookies and bring them in. Oh no! I have to make things more complicated. :) After some brainstorming, I came up with what I think is a kinda cool idea.
Because I knew I wanted to do something different with the presentation, I decided to just make some simple sugar cookies. I borrowed some cookie cutters from a friend (why I don't really have any, I don't know, but I'm going to be changing that soon) and cut the cookie dough to spell out "Hollywood" and made a bunch of stars. It didn't look like enough to me so I made a quick batch of cake mix cookies, too. They turned out pretty good!
Anyway, I decorated a tin sheet with paper to try and make it look like the Hollywood Hills.

Then I frosted some of the cookies and arranged them on the tin.

I'm not sure if I'd say it turned out quite as cute as what I had pictured, but I think I like it! I hope the kids like it, too!!!
Those turned out great! I love your ideas. I bet the kids thought your cookies were AWESOME!
ReplyDelete