And I made blueberry pancakes shaped like stars and we had strawberries and whipped cream with it. Aaron put it together to make it all look like fireworks. It turned out really cute and was super yummy! Aaron joked that between the table and the pancakes, he couldn't tell it was the 4th of July. :)
And here's our Little Miss Fire Cracker!
Aaron grilled some hot dogs and I made some bean dip for dinner. Overall it was a pretty calm 4th of July... except for the craziness that I'll talk about a little here in a bit. We didn't go see the fireworks this year because they started 2 hours after Ashlyn's bedtime and we thought the loud noises might scare her. We think she'll be just fine with them next year so we are definitely planning on going to see them then! I can't wait to see her face when she watches them. :)
Well, we had some work to do as well today. We found out that our crib was recalled!! So we had to take it apart, return it, and get a new one. I will post pictures of it tomorrow or the beginning of next week. I was going to add it to this post, but Ashlyn had already fallen asleep on me when Aaron finished putting it together. The crib was a bit of a pain for him to put together in just an hour or two, but he was determined to make sure his baby girl had a safe place to sleep! :)
We hope you all had a fun and safe 4th of July!
No comments:
Post a Comment