Friday, July 31, 2009

"I've been driving a boat since I could crawl."

I know I told some of you that I would be posting a blog last night. Well, the new Harry Potter movie was on at the theater and we went to go see that. I'm sorry! But we got some new pictures and a video since then so I will add those to this post as well. :)

Ashlyn is getting better and better at this crawling business. Yesterday I was sitting in the kitchen organizing my baking supplies. I could still see Ashlyn on her play mat and all of a sudden, here comes her little butt crawling into the kitchen to see me! It was really sweet and then... there it was in all its glory... an open box of Rice Krispies! I had it out to throw away because they had been in there for quite awhile. Well, Ashlyn decided she wanted to check it out so she grabbed the box, took the bag of cereal out, and opened it to get some cereal out. How smart is that! Don't worry, I didn't let her eat any stale cereal. :) It was just so cute and was really cool to see her crawl so well, turning corners and everything. And, oh yes, that is the baby gate that just came in the mail on Wednesday that you can see in the background. You can also see where she crawled from. That puppy in the background is on her play mat.


The past couple of days Ashlyn has started dancing a little bit. Not really necessarily to music or anything, just when she's having fun. Yesterday she was doing it a lot and we got a video of it. She dances, crawls to try to get Ali's toy, then dances when she reaches it. She got a little disappointed when I moved the toy away, but we're not letting her chew on something the cat drags around!



Aaron was able to come with us again to storytime this morning. Afterwards, he had to go do some stuff at work for a minute or two and we went with him. When he was done, he really wanted to get some pictures of us in the harbor security boat. Some of them turned out really cute and we wanted to share.

This is Aaron's boat that he drives every day.
She is a natural already.

2 comments:

  1. Aww! Her dancing is so cute! I love it when Dawson dances, he makes me want to dance too! *lol*

    ReplyDelete